Welcome to Ransom & Randolph
At Ransom & Randolph (R&R), Investing with Innovation™ is more than just a slogan, it’s a way of life.
Dedicated to advancing the investment casting industry, we take pride in providing foundries with extensive process knowledge, exceptional technical expertise and innovative product technology. By coupling our revolutionary product developments with our experienced staff, manufacturing and warehousing facilities, we successfully help you become a casting industry leader. Committed to partnering directly with you to identify your process hurdles, casting objectives and company goals, our team consults with you to customize a precise solution tailored specifically to fit your foundry’s needs.
R&R Casting Connection
Your Link to Investment Casting News from Ransom & Randolph
Inside this Issue:
- Ferrous Casting Simplified: We are pleased to introduce SuspendaSlurry® ZR material for ferrous metal casting.
- PKI Kiln Korner: Temperature uniformity in the burnout & preheat furnace
- Core Materials Success Story: Who’s using core materials and how effective are they? Let’s take a look at a success story.
- BINDZIL® Colloidal Silica Gets Rebranded: On June 1, 2016, AkzoNobel consolidated all their colloidal silica product lines under a single brand name: Levasil® colloidal silica.
- Visit Us at ICI 2016: The ICI is hosting their 63rd Technical Conference and 2016 Product/Literature Expo in Columbus, OH from October 16th - 19th, 2016.
- Build A Consistent Shell: R&R recommends adhering to the following technical tips for building a consistent shell in your foundry.
- Battle Bacteria with Grotan: Bacteria growth in a slurry can be detrimental to both the performance and life of a water based slurry.
Read this Issue
Interested in receiving future issues of Casting Connection via email?
Let us know! Send an email to: Alisa.Rawski@dentsply.com
NEW! SuspendaSlurry® ZR material
We are pleased to introduce SuspendaSlurry® ZR material for ferrous metal casting. Formulated with 100% zircon refractory flour, SUSPENDASLURRY ZR material provides industrial casters with a pre-made slurry that does not require continuous mixing.
- Developed to eliminate costs associated with continuous mixing and slurries lost to electrical failure
- Simplifies the initial mixing process by eliminating the need to weigh and mix binder and refractory components
- Based on R&R’s leading primary binder technology, offers benefits over standard colloidal silica shells: such as stronger layers; reduced buckling, lifting or cracking defects; and simplified slurry maintenance
- SUSPENDASLURRY ZR material is available in 100 and 600 pound slurries
Learn More: Product Data Sheet | Application Instructions | Press Release
NEW! Plasticast PT Investment & Binder
Water-based, two-part system for casting rapid prototype pattern materials & high temperature alloys
- High expanding, extra high strength investment
- Ideally suited for investing & burnout of commonly used plastic or wax/plastic pattern materials
- Compatible with standard wax patterns for high temperature metal casting
- Maintains mold surface & dimensional integrity for high temperature metal casting
- Eliminates acid-based binder hazard associated with common two-part platinum investments
- Eliminates special investing flask preparation requirements